November 15, 2014

Cold

I thought I'd start writing about little snapshots of our life. I feel like our everyday-here-and-now life story IS a story worth telling to you too. This is us! I get so caught up in looking so far ahead, waiting to see that day when our little babe is here in our home...that I forget that the here-and-now of our life is pretty beautiful too. 

Today, it snowed...and the coldness seeped it's icy fingers into our little home. Frosty lace raced up the window panes, while the furnace furiously whooshed warm air in response to it's threatening advances.  We fought off the sting of the harsh seasonal slap by spending the day hunkered down in hibernation mode. Piling on layers of sweats, drinking steaming mint hot cocco, crafting away (me), writting away (him), and snuggling up together under a mountain of blankets. All in all, it's been a pretty dang good day...coldness and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment