December 23, 2014

Getting Ready...

Dear Babe,

It's such an odd feeling of not knowing when you'll show up! It could be months from now...it could be next week? I was talking with your daddy the other night about how surreal it will feel to finally have you with us...we'll be over the moon with excitement! Even though we don't know when you're coming, we're getting ready like you're coming tomorrow!

We've got names picked out. We've got cute baby clothes for you to wear. We've got a cute red crib for you to sleep in. We've got a car seat to keep you safe in. I've even made you a baby quilt to keep you warm. AND most importantly, we've got lots of love to give you!

I'm not like the other momma's...I won't have 9 months of nesting. And sometimes I feel like an impostor having all this stuff ready (you know, since i'm not technically a mom). But you know what? That doesn't matter to me. Getting ready for you to come to our family little by little now...it helps you grow in my heart everyday...and you don't feel so far away to me.

I love you!

Your Some-Day Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment