April 14, 2014

Why?

I've been wondering "why!?" a lot lately.

I wonder why our friend has cancer. She's a wife. She's a momma of 3 cute babies. I don't know why it's struck me so hard...maybe because she's my age. Maybe because she's such an awesome person, and this is such an awful thing to go through.

I wonder why other friends are going through divorce. Going through loosing a spouse. Going through financial hardships. Going through painful loneliness.

I wonder why there are just two in our family, instead of three (or four, or five).

I wonder why young girls/women have had such lonely and hurtful lives...and as a result, may end up with an unexpected little baby coming into their lives. They are faced with a tough choice.

Why!?

Why do we go through such crushingly hard times?

As hard as it is...I think it's to help us grow. I think it's to help us be better people. I think it's to give us a greater perspective than we had before. I think it's to make us compassionate. I think it's to make us feel. I think that it's to help us choose to see the good and the beauty of life no matter what. I think it's to help us love deeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment