April 28, 2014

Craaaaaaazy

Returning to our regularly scheduled story...

That month of July was a whirlwind that changed my life.

From that first date on...we spent every day we could together. We were inseparable. Joined at the hip. Two peas in a pod. The summer was filled with lunchtime adventures, soccer games, flowers, sing-a-longs, ice cream, salt lake sunrises and sunsets, art, poetry, mountains, get-togethers with friends, pioneer day celebration, laughing, sunday family dinners, bowling, late night walks and late night talks.

It was love.

Up to that point I had scoffed at "those people" who dated, got engaged and married in three months. PSHHH! How could you know after such little time!?

People...I knew. I knew on that first date I was going to marry that boy.  Call me crazy...but I knew.

But...the warmth of summer was quickly coming to an end, and reality was hitting hard and fast. Steve had a job waiting for him in Alabama. I had a job waiting for me in Utah. And in case you didn't know, Utah and Alabama are about 1,850 miles apart. Yeah...things were about to change...


No comments:

Post a Comment