May 2, 2014

I Hope...

Dear Baby, 

I know you won't have my eyes. I know you won't have daddy's smile. You won't be a miniature version of us. You didn't grow in my belly. But that doesn't mean you aren't ours.  As you'll grow in your birth mom's belly, you'll grow in our hearts just the same. 

Hopefully you'll get your daddy's sense of humor, and quick wit. And I really hope that you get his big, big heart (he's a softy you know). I hope you get my outlook on life...anything is possible! I hope you'll get my laugh. I hope you'll get our passion for creativity, for learning, for seeing life as an adventure. I hope you'll love music. I hope you'll love reading and writing. I hope you're full of love. 

I'm glad you'll look like your birth mom and birth dad. It will remind me daily that you are a miracle. You're going to have such an incredible family...a dad and a mom, and a birth family too! So much love around you. I can't wait for you to get here and to be a part of this! 

Love, 

Your someday momma



2 comments: