May 6, 2014

Big News...

I LOVE science...especially earth science. It fascinates me! When I was a little girl, I had a weather station in our back yard, and a had a rock stand (instead of a lemonade stand). So nerdy...I know, I know.

Because of this nerdiness I graduated with my degree in geology from BYU. I planned on being a rockin geologist, and for the past 6 years, I did just that.  I've had the chance to work on earthquake projects, geothermal projects, mining projects, oil and gas projects. I've loved the opportunities I've had to learn and grow in this field!

The past few months though...I've been looking for a new job...and last week was a whirlwind. I had two jobs to choose between! One was a teaching job where I could use my science background. The other job was something COMPLETELY different, in a completely different field of work. A field where I have NO experience.  I would be working in a completely new environment, doing something completely new. After spending an agonizing day going back and forth, back and forth...I finally got my answer, and I knew the path I needed to go down. I took the job that was I outside of my field.

I won't lie...I was nervous I made the wrong choice. I wouldn't be using my degree at all! I worked so hard for that degree...and it was (and is) something I've been really passionate about.

I started today at this new job, and I knew immediately that I was in the right place. I am supposed to be there.

What's this crazy new job where I WON'T be a geologist anymore? Well...let me tell you...

I now will be working at LDS Family Services...in ADOPTIONS!!! I don't know how my geologist resume landed me this job...but I know it's meant to be! I'm so, so, so excited to have the chance to work with and help expectant birth moms, and hopeful adoptive couples! As we've started down the adoption path ourselves...I've felt my heart strings being tugged...I want to help  anyone with adoption in anyway I can...

...and now I'm getting a chance to do just that! I'm SO excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment