June 7, 2014

Family...

We love the little town where we live. It's small enough that everybody knows everybody. It's the kind of place where folks are friendly, sharing a smile and a wave as they walk by. Kids ride their bikes through the streets freely, and our park is always full (I might be biased, but it IS a pretty rad park).

One of our towns yearly tradition is a community progressive dinner. All the churches in town participate.  The route through town rotates every year. This year a first course appetizer served at the Mormon church, the main course at the Methodist church, and dessert at the Catholic church.  You can mix and mingle, catch up with old friends, and make new ones. I love this tradition, because it feels almost like a big family reunion.

We've made so many wonderful friends here that are practically family. One of my friends tonight joked as I snuck in a quick snuggle with her beautiful new baby, that I was her sisterwife. (Yeah...don't worry we don't really practice polygamy around here!). There's just such an awesome sense of friendship...this town is a big family. There's always someone there to support and love you. I'm SO excited for our babies to grow up in such an awesome place.

(Steve with our friend's snuggly baby. Be still my heart...he's a natural.)


2 comments: