June 27, 2014

3 summers...

Now back to our regularly scheduled love story...

I've always loved the feeling of summer. Long, beautiful sunsets. BBQ's on the back porch, and twilight walks around the neighborhood. Ice cream, watermelon, and corn-on-the-cob. Drive-in movies, and fireworks. Lazy days and pool lounging. Family parties, vacations, and campouts. Porch rocking chairs and starry starry nights.

They are months warm with some of my most favorite memories. Three summers ago, we went on our first date. Two summers ago, we married.  Last summer, we spent the days fixing up our first house, making it our home.

I realize that this is really glazing over the rest of our "love story", but to me it's a lovely way to sum everything up. Because to me, it feels like we've had ages of summers together...when in reality we've only had three beautiful ones together. And they were full of light, laughter and love. And that's all there really is to us, and our story...light, laughter and love.

I'm excited to see what this summer has in store for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment