June 2, 2014

Storms...

Dear Birthmom, 

I remember a time when things were smooth sailing in my life...I didn't have a care in the world, and I remember thinking...sheesh, life is so easy

And then...the storm rolled in. Life got real. I suffered like I've never suffered before. The hurt I felt took my breath away, and ripped my heart into pieces.  I'd never experienced hurt like that before. 

I ran. I was angry. I placed blame. I was sad. I was broken. 

One day after feeling overwhelmed by all of those feelings, I realized...I had a choice. I could choose how this trial would make me feel. I could choose what this trial would teach me. I could choose how I would develop, and how I would move forward from this trial. 

Since then, as I've faced the storms of life...I've taken this lesson with me. I will always face trials. It's the nature of life. It's why I'm here. But you know what...? It doesn't matter what the trial is! It's how I react to the trial that matters. I can choose to learn and grow. And I can choose happiness. 

Dear birth mom, choose happiness...because you deserve it! Choose to learn and grow...because it will help you become even more amazing! 

Love ya! 

Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment