September 1, 2014

We are Family...

On friday, we packed up our trusty Jeb (aka the name of our car...yup...we name our cars), and headed out for a long weekend in southern Utah. The drive down was L-O-V-E-L-Y. Clear blue skies, beautiful views, some jamming tunes, and awesome conversation with my best adventure buddy.

As we made the turn off the smooth road, and started our climb up the green mountain side, I started thinking about how lucky we were to be on this trip.  You see, Labor Day weekend is reserved for the annual family campout with my extended family. And while they may be "extended" family, they really have taken Steve and I in as one of their own.

I may be kind of biased...but we've got some amazing people we call family. Kind, funny, generous, adventurous, sweet, hilarious, loving, creative, thoughtful, compassionate, and just downright amazing. These are the people in my family...I am SO grateful for them. They are all so excited and supportive of the adoption adventure we're on, and for that missing piece to come along and be part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment