October 23, 2014

8 years

I was thinking today about how long it took for Steve and I to find each other. 8 years. 8 years of highs and lows. 8 years of dead ends and try agains. 8 years of do I give up, or keep going.

8 years later...we finally found each other. 

But you know what? I would have waited around for him another 100 years if I knew that it was him I was waiting for. He was worth the wait!

Looking back, as hard and painful at times it was,  I wouldn't trade those years for anything...because it's all the sweeter now. I learned about myself, and I grew into a better person because of those 8 years. 

As we're looking for our missing pieces, who knows how long we'll search? 1 year? 8 years? 20 years?  How every long it may be, I do know one thing. It will be worth the wait...



No comments:

Post a Comment