February 2, 2014

Brave Love

I just want to say how much I already love our birth mom...whoever she is, where ever she is. I know that sounds crazy...but I really do! I wish I could give her a big hug. I think that she is the strongest, most selfless person I will have the chance to meet, and I am so grateful for the incredible love she has for her baby. I can't imagine having to make a decision like this...but I imagine her and her courage, that she just wants the very best for her baby. There is no greater love than that! 


"Not every mother can be a mom, and not every mom gets to be a mother. It doesn't seem fair, but life can be like that. And we all just do what we can with the hand we've been dealt. But maybe every once in awhile a mom and a mother will find each other, join hands, and be to the other what they can't be for themselves. Because, even if she's not ready to be a mom, a mother can be strong and brave. She can turn nine months into a lifetime. And turn a couple into a family. Maybe it's easier said than done. But then, being a superhero always is."



No comments:

Post a Comment