February 14, 2014

Love

What is love? 

No, no...not that cheesy, fantastic 90's song by Haddaway (though I do have an image of Steve singing and dancing to that song stuck in my head because that's something he would do to make me laugh...)

To me, love is putting others before yourself, lifting them up, cheering them on, giving them hope, and making them feel valued. You don't have to have a valentine to feel loved today (or any day). Love is everywhere in our lives if we just look for it! "There are as many forms of love as there are moments in time" (Jane Austin, Mansfield Park).  Just this past week I've felt love from complete strangers, love from friends, love from family, and love from Heavenly Father.  I'm so grateful for love! 

(I'm grateful for Steve, and how he loves me. Sometimes I wonder...how did I get so lucky to have him?!  Oh how I love him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment