March 1, 2014

A letter from Grandpa Robinson...

Yesterday, I'm not going to lie...was a rough one. A deep-welling sadness settled, and we just couldn’t shake it.  Questioning..."why!?" as we hit a "down" portion of this roller coaster ride...it was a discouraging drop to say the least. 

One person came to mind yesterday that I really wished could be cheering us on right now. My Grandpa Robinson. He passed away last July, and we miss him terribly. His no-nonsense, dry humor, quick wit and wisdom always made the outlook on any situation look better.  And yesterday, just as I was craving some advice from him...I remembered a letter he wrote to me on my 11th birthday. Reading his words helped chase the darkness away.

My grandpa was one of the hardest working men I've known. He was a seasoned rancher from southern Utah, and in his letter to 11-year-old me he writes…“This summer has been really dry-no rain. So now we’re out of water for our fields and garden. We pray for rain everyday and now Heavenly Father will bless us only after we have faith. “

How simply put.

The now 28-year-old me couldn’t help but to see the metaphor in his words. In these droughts of our lives, in the breaking moments, the "downs" of the roller coaster ride, when we need help...help is only a prayer away. 

After a quick prayer...friends and family brought rain to our drought of a day. They were right there by our sides, cheering us on and lifting us up. We are so grateful for good friends and family! 



No comments:

Post a Comment