March 10, 2014

Try, try again

"Whaaaaaat the...?!" was my initial reaction to the rather personalized email I had just received from eHarmony customer service.

"Would you like to re-initiate a connection with Steve? He'd like to get to know you! If so, please let us know, and we'll help get you in touch with him." Oh really? Didn't eHarmony customer service know that I was giving up on dating!?

You see, merely days earlier I had sworn off dating after going on the worst date of my life. (If you must know...I had gone on a 12 HOUR blind date, and I spent half of that time miserably car sick. My date, that I barely knew had to chauffeur home as I laid in the back seat of his car dying trying to keep the contents of my stomach in place. Most embarrassing day of my life).   As a result of this awful date, I had rashly cleaned out my online dating inbox, and in doing so, I had unknowingly cut off any contact from potential suitors.  And my actions had unknowingly caused a particular-future potential suitor (Steve) to have a heart attack.

So, who was this guy anyway? And why did he want to get to know me? If he was willing to go to the trouble of getting eHarmony customer service involved, I should at least consider hearing what he had to say to me! After checking out his profile (a few times according to Steve), I had a change of heart about giving up. There was something about him that made me want to give dating one more try.

Okay eHarmony customer service, you win. I won't give up. I'd like to try again. I'll get to know this Steve...


No comments:

Post a Comment