March 25, 2014

The Choice

I spent a few days with my sister and her cute family last weekend. I'm not going to lie...she has some of the cutest babies around. They are my favorite little people and I'm pretty lucky to be their Aunt Mimi. We played horsey, went swimming, read storybooks at bed time, and snuggled in the morning. 

One of the days of my visit, my sister and I drove to my grandma's house and spent the whole day with her.  In the morning we went to a women's conference being held in town and got to hear  Stephanie Nielsen speak. If you don't know Stephanie's story...well...it's pretty inspirational. She survived a plane crash, in which she was burned on over 80% of her body. Stephanie spoke of how she came back from such an apparent tragedy in her life...  

"Each night I pray for the strength to be able to accept whatever comes my way. I ask God to bless my heart to help us handle hard times, sickness, pain, frustration, and trials--which are inevitable in this mortal life, but particularly my mortal life. I have faith that God is in charge, and that He knows what is best for me and my family. I am grateful for my trails, they make me stronger and more resilient. Of course I hate the pain I feel, the hurt I experience, but I am the author of my own life and happiness and I choose the brighter way."

I love her attitude! We can choose how we respond to any situation in life. We can be mad. We can curse. We can yell "THIS ISN'T FAIR...why me!?"...OR we can take what life hands us, and choose the light over the darkness. We can choose to have faith, move forward, become stronger, and choose happiness.


I could be really mad/curse/yell "THIS ISN'T FAIR...why me!?" at this trial, and that I don't have my own little people to play horsey/swim/read storybooks with at bed time/snuggle in the morning. Or I could choose happiness. I choose the happiness route! Right now, I get the chance to be an awesome aunt...and practice for the time when I get to be a mom! 


Maybe you're reading this birth mom? Maybe you're going through a hard time? Remember...you can choose! You can choose happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment