March 28, 2014

Dreaming

I've been really hesitant to talk about my dreams of our missing piece.  Right now...this whole part of the process I feel strongly that it ISN'T about us. It's about our birthmom...whoever she is, where ever she is. She needs love and support. Our job is to be here to cheer her on!

Sometimes I'm human, I do cave and catch myself dreaming...what if we were having a baby?  I see moms-to-be, with their cute baby bumps, and wonder if I'd look cute with one.  Steve lately has me thinking about nurseries "hey...let's look at cribs!" or "hey, let's explore the baby section at Target" or "hey, let's decorate our spare room for our baby, you know...just in case".  I wonder what it would be like to go to doctor appointments in anticipation for getting to see a little person growing in my belly.

I think mostly I just dream about the day that a sweet little babe will be snuggling in my arms. And that's all that matters to me. The only dream. I don't need a baby bump. I don't need a fancy crib. I don't need to see an ultrasound. All of that would be great...but I don't need it. The path to our baby will be uniquely special...and I'm okay with that.


2 comments:

  1. Jamie I love this post. I am guessing you guys are with an adoption agency and waiting? Two of my brothers' wives have struggled greatly with infertility and have done several rounds of in vitro- sometimes successful, and sometimes not. I pray that you are able to find a birth mom soon. You two will be terrific parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bonnie! And thank you SO much for helping us spread the news...I can't even tell you how much that helps. We aren't with any agency right now, and are trying the "word-of-mouth" approach and find a private adoption. It's been so hard to figure out which agency to go with, they can be reeeeeeally expensive...we'd really not like to have to take out a second mortgage to finance adoption:) In July I think we'll get started with LDS family services though (that's when we're eligible)! It's an adventure for sure trying to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete