March 13, 2014

The Call

Now back to our regularly scheduled story...

I really wish that I would had saved the messages that we sent back and forth when were finally put into contact with each other (awww, thanks eHarmony's customer service!)...it would be fun to look back at them. (And I'm sure there was a message or two in there trying to figure out how customer service had become invovled).  Those first few days of getting to know Steve...there was something between us, it just clicked.

While messaging was fun, things were progressing and I knew the next step was to talk on the phone.  But here's the thing...I HATE talking on the phone! BAAA! It's just not my cup of tea. I get anxiety about it. My palms are sweaty just thinking about it. So when Steve asked for my number...I freaked out a little. I didn't want to ruin the good momentum we had going! It was so easy hiding behind the safety of my computer screen, having all the time I needed to compose witty and cute messages. What if I wasn't so witty and cute on the spot!? But with the way things were going I knew we probably should talk sometime, so I hesitantly agreed. I was so afraid though! What if I screwed things up again!?

As my phone rang, I remember saying a little prayer...(probably something to the effect of "Heavenly Father, please help me not to be a dork").  I remember glancing down at the list of questions/prompts I had written down just in case my mind were to go blank (yes, I actually wrote down a list). And finally, I remember doing a little pump-up dance to courage-up, and then I finally answered my phone. "Hello?" 

And that was the start of history folks. That first phone call was my first indication that something was really special about Steve. He got me to open up, and we talked for hours. It just flowed. It was natural. It was easy. It was magical. That was the best phone call of my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment